Volunteers Speak UP!
The Volunteers Speak UP! campaign serves to address and reduce risks related to sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking. The mission of Volunteers Speak UP! is to educate and engage the University of Tennessee community around prevention, bystander intervention and campus resources.
The Volunteers Speak UP! campaign is about us all. Taking care of each other is the Volunteer way.
Volunteers Speak UP! Initiatives
- All incoming UT students attend the Orientation session “Be Smart…Be Safe…Be a VOL” which addresses campus policies, reporting options, campus resources and informed decision-making
- All incoming UT students complete the “Alcohol and You” online module which provides information on the connection between substance use and violence
- “Volunteers Speak UP!” will serve as the campus bystander campaign which will empower our community to recognize risk and encourage safe actions to prevent violence
- The formation of the UTK Coalition to Address Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence & Stalking
- Specialized training to residence hall staff and student hearing board members
- Increased awareness of the Sexual Assault Response Team (S.A.R.T.) and S.A.R.T. Advisory Board
- VOLS 2 VOLS Peer Educators will provide presentations on request regarding sexual health and healthy relationship models
- Dedicated website resource
To become involved or for more information please contact the S.E.E. Center at seecenter.utk.edu or 865-974-5725.